Monday, October 25, 2021

Every Other Day Training - Boyer Coe

 


Article Courtesy of Kevin Dye
Thank You, Sir!


Q: I find that it is difficult to get to the gym every day of the week, like when I was younger. I now have a family and a  business which takes up most of my time. How can I still make progress? 

A: Well, basically in asking your question, you have also found the solution. To continue to make progress you MUST train less. By this I mean less time spent in the gym, not less intensity.

I suggest that your workouts take no longer than 45 minutes or one hour at the maximum. One thing that I have found that has helped me to progress in my workouts and about the only concession I have made to getting older, is to take one complete day of rest between my lifting sessions. As you get older, it will naturally take you a little longer to recover from workout to workout. Therefore I advise you to take a day off in between each session. 

By doing this you will recover properly and come back to the gym full of energy and enthusiasm for your next workout. By following this type of routine, you will train the whole body once every eight days and this waay you will have time for your other obligations and still get your workouts in and MAKE PROGRESS! 

 Here is the approach Boyer is currently using: 

Day 1: Hamstrings, Quads, Abs
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Back, Rear Delts, Abs
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Chest, Biceps, Forearms, Abs
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Front and Side Delts, Traps, Triceps, Abs.
Day 8: Rest. 

Note: Here's something from Frank Calta on what he calls 
Rotation for Recuperation: 

Enjoy Your Lifting! 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive