Thursday, September 10, 2026

Mike Mentzer Seminar Excerpt (1998)

 



An amazing physique, no question there! 
I like to call him
the Spock of Bodybuilding.


Before we get goin' here's a channel I've really been enjoying lately. Hard, dedicated training, a solid approach from a knowledgeable lifter. Wait till the end of the video and check out his outdoor setup, and in other videos. It's all very inspiring I tells ya, fun and games until you put an eye out! Look, it makes a guy wanna lift and that's putting it mildly . . . 

Real Good Stuff here . . . 







 - Note: Again, none of these perspectives on training or life and its perception reflect my chosen views. Quite the opposite, really. Logic, meaning, efficiency, "progress" . . . Ayn Rand . . . the lot of it means nothing to me and is much like a blend of garlic and holy water offered to a vampire. Can a feller get some Vodka in that? Nonetheless, I want to read what's said in this seminar from '98 and may as well transcribe it while doing that. If you haven't read this yet, enjoy it, hate it, ignore it, idolize the guy or call him a nutjob. Your call, I'm just hyper typer-reading here is all . . . 

Okay then, let's hear out what was said on that day back in 1998. 


"Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men, I think, have great sadness on Earth." 
 - Fyodor Dostoevsky


From the start, the approach of most bodybuilders to training amounts to little more than a blind leap into the dark. Throughout life, we all, you and I, everybody, were inundated by innumerable theories on every subject, from religion to philosophy, to politics to the healing arts, nutrition and bodybuilding science. 

And because so few in our culture were taught to think rationally (based on clear logic and reason rather than emotions or impulsive feelings), or to judge critically, most of us are left disconcertingly confused when confronted with the necessity of making intellectual choices, such as which training theory to employ.

In fact, how many bodybuilders, how many people do you know, honestly, possibly including yourself - and I was this way at one time - how many people are not confused on the subject of bodybuilding exercise. 

You were confused? 
Good for you.
You're one of the rational few. 

In fact, I did realize, I was like this in my late teens; most symptomatic was the notion that if something was printed, it had to be true. I learned later that my notion was illogical, as of course not every idea can be true, because so many of them conflict with and contradict other ideas. 

 - Temperament plays little or no role whatsoever in the training theories and program design within this mindset of a "Just the facts, Ma'am" circumference. Note this quote from the seminar relating to "instinctive training" - 

As a humorous side note . . . years ago, when I was working for Joe Weider out of his office in Woodland Hills, one of his top editors and I were joking about the "Weider" instinctive principle, when my cohort had me cracking up, saying, "Mike, if people fully followed their instincts they wouldn't lift weights at all, they would defecate and urinate on them.

 - More like he said piss and shit on them in reality. But it's telling, the blunt implication and the reason for including this wee anecdote in the seminar. The "animal" urges in man, only defeated via rigorous, intellectually gymnastic puzzle-solving and a supposed "rational" and mind-based self-control approach . . . that filters all we see and experience through the self-chosen sieve of cranial delusion, that "human as center of all things" view known as "logic" and "rational response." An Apollonian vs Dionysian battle never-ending within each man, some women and a few children as well. Pets and insects? Possibly. Rocks and sweat socks? The panel of great logical thinkers is still out on this, and really, pretty much everything on Earth. Of course, the beauty of "logic" is in its ability to cement certain beliefs we chose to hammer into our heads with the help of oh, so many others who "know" something.   

It's hard not to get defensive and pointlessly "philosophical" with this fuckin' guy and all that he says, so before I fall for that childish thought-trap

To be continued . . . 
But check out the link to that channel. 
Good Stuff! 


Enjoy Your Lifting! 


Here's a low-budge film centered on energy drink swill-and-selling cunts (ooh, that 'k' sound and how it back-and-forths on itself so often and in such a fine way!) 
where was I . . . 

Yeah, the fucking youtube faux-lifters and fitness twats and all their peddling. Coolest part of it all is . . . they actually think they're the product, content and reason for social media and its being here. You're the fucking tool/who-er/true ugly worldwide American/piece of shite being used to peddle a product for a pittance. Ooh, so cynical! So old . . . so tiresome to even type. The keyboard sounds put me to sleep and I can only imagine others' reactions. 

Emotions, feelings, moods, depressions and highs . . . what would Mike do! How cans we save the humans race! We gots to think more logically! Fucking garbage-heads and their goals, noble ideals, self-proclaimed and self-righteous superiority owing to cranial noodling the Universe has no real need or use for. You're a fucking shaven ape under all that facade, just like I am. 

Okay then! 
Where was I, the sequel . . . 

This might be a nice slice of low-budge anti-youtube who-er filmic storytelling beeeeeeYouTee!


The inside story of an energy drink marketing ploy gone wrong. Yippee with a double P 
all over it! 

Click to Enlarge and Explain

Double bill with this second one if you like.
For . . . what it's worth, one should watch these two films three times if you don't like either one of them the first time, numerically speaking. 

Both by the same director, 
if that matters to you. 

 
Okay, I'll fess up to having A.I. do a large part of this post for me. It does capture the essence of a human mind in a strange way, no? And, as you asked, "Dale," here is a fitting double-bill, same-director match for the movie "Drib" . . . 


























 





















1 comment:

  1. I am currently seeking non-mob financial backing
    and screen-testing older men in good physical condition who have incontinence, dementia, constant foul flatulence and possibly a few with daily attacks of explosive diarrhea for a short porn film being shot to look like vintage 8mm. Don't call this a hirsute pursuit of no consequence, Buster, I'm big time serious with this, Mister. Mister Buster. It's for all the older, elder, pain-in-the-ass to others guys to fantasize over . . . the ones that need "care" in their "golden" years.

    The working title for now is
    A Burden In the Hand Is Worth Two In the Bush.
    Loopy stuff, he punned to the knowing, and
    Oh, we'll have a stash of that special arcane cocaine from the past and ludes, of course
    usage deducted from your check dependent on penetrations and the usual fluids if I can just stop writing this shite and get to it already, filmically speakin'.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive