Friday, February 8, 2008
The Power Look - John McCallum
Forget everything you ever heard about pumping and flushing and cramping and the rest of it.
Start with squats. Do a light set to warmup and then jump heavy. Do three reps. Add weight and do three more reps. Keep adding weight for each set until you can't make three reps. When you bog down add a few more pounds and do a couple of singles at that weight. Don't count the sets. Do as many as you feel like. Let your energy be the judge on that day.
Do bench presses next. Same way.
Rowing. do five sets of five. Start with your heaviest weight and drop down about ten pounds for each set. Use your legs a bit and pull hard.
The last exercise is progressive pulls. You start with power cleans. Start light and work up. Do three reps each set and when you can't make three then keep increasing the weight and do high pulls. Keep adding weight and when you can't make three high pulls start doing deadlifts. Do three reps in the deadlift until you can't make three. Add more weight and do a couple of singles.
Let your energy be the judge.
- ► 2020 (101)
- ► 2019 (237)
- ► 2018 (236)
- ► 2017 (148)
- ► 2016 (121)
- ► 2015 (116)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (127)
- ► 2011 (155)
- ► 2010 (149)
- ► 2009 (193)
- Strength Training For Abdominals - Jeff Chorpenning
- The Big Chest Book - Chapter Three
- Run - Fred Grace
- The Big Chest Book - Chapter Two - Bob Hoffman
- The Big Chest Book - Chapter One - Bob Hoffman
- Mini Routines for Maxi Gains - Anthony Ditillo
- Building Bulk & Power - Bill Pearl
- Is Heavy Training Best - John Grimek
- The Rader System - Part Two
- Some Bulk and Power Routines - Anthony Ditillo
- New Methods By An Old Lifter
- John McWilliams Arm Routine - Gene Mozee
- The Rader System - Part One
- Developing The Chest - Roger Eells ( 1937)
- Trapezius Development - Charles A. Smith
- Vern Weaver Bulk Routine - Tommy Suggs
- The Single Repetition Principle - Ditillo
- A Paul Anderson Power Training Routine
- Training For Lifting - John Grimek
- The Power Look - John McCallum
- Several Weight Gaining Routines - Ditillo
- Bob Peoples - Deadlifter
- Rare Hepburn Photos
- One Legged Squat - John Grimek
- Squatting for Increased Strength & Conditioning - ...
- Hand, Wrist, Forearm
- Hook-Grip And Release - Bob Takano
- Anthony Ditillo on Getting Smaller
- Doug Hepburn on Training Layoffs
- Some Hepburn Things
- ▼ February (30)