Saturday, August 8, 2026

Vince Gironda, Candid Again - Bob Green (1984)

Yikes. Over 20-million views now.  


Vince Gironda, Earle Liederman, 
George Eiferman, Russ Warner.


Reports coming out of the Pan American games last year shocked many, but surprised few that are involved in the sport. What shocked everyone has become old hat in the Iron Game - Steroids. 

The Iron Game has the dubious honor of being history's first testing ground for 'roids'. From the gym types, it was inevitable that athletes in other sports would pick up on these controversial ergogenic aids. 

New testing techniques by West German doctors can now detect the use of anabolic steroids as far back as six, nine, even 15 months. They have developed tests that show 'footsteps' (indicators) leading a path to results that don't lie. 

Interestingly enough, bodybuilding is a house divided on the subject of drugs in sport. The house is divided on the use of training techniques and supplements too. 

Vince Gironda is one of the outspoken few who has been teaching alternatives to the chemical approach; and he has done so for many years. Not without controversy and the harangues of other 'experts' in the business.

There are growing numbers of trainees looking for these very alternatives; men and women looking for lasting results they don't have to be dependent on drugs for. It takes a combination of ingredients: diet, SPECIFIC food supplements and training techniques tailormade for the individual.


You can learn from everyone . . . a piece of info here . . . a training tip there, etc., but you will get more complete information and get more value from the teachings of Vince Gironda, the Iron Guru.

Many of you have written Bob Kennedy for more articles by Gironda. and that must mean his outspoken remarks and observations are hitting home . . . or at least piquing the curiosity enough to demand more material. 

I have just completed two brand new interviews with Vince and he is more adamant, bombastic and outspoken than ever before. Have some of you been challenging him or something? 

The wild part is that he can prove that his methods work and he has the results to back him up. His students abound and are from every walk of life: bodybuilders (men and women), athletes, movie and TV stars, dancers . . . you name it. So much for validation. 

Read on, dear reader, and see for yourself. 

Q (Bob Green): Vince, I'm asked at every contest I go to about your use of glandulars and aminos. The various precursing techniques you employ. Many are going to health food stores in their hometowns and getting stuff we've written about, but they are complaining. What's the deal? 

A (Vince Gironda): C'mon, Green. You know as well as I do that the general products can be obtained, but as for the specific formulas . . . you can't just to into ANY health food store and get the specific formulas I use. 

What I simply mean is . . . you have to get a product that is reliable, well-made, well-balanced and active. Not DIMESTORE JUNK WITH AN INTERESTING LABEL. 

You can't just go into a health food store and pick up all the right formulas that are going to work (maximally) for you, because there's as much junk in a health food store as there is anywhere else. 

Just because the name is the same doesn't mean it is the same, marketing and distribution being what it is. 

Q: When you talk about the (body's) glands secreting food, do you mean their own food or what? 

A: Food? Glandulars ARE food. They are specific to help the body's glands secrete their hormones and materials. Glandulars aren't a synthetic . . . they are food. 

Q: According to the worksheet you've given me, for the glands to secrete their own food, gland extracts or synthetic hormones have to be introduced. With the recent Pan Am Games controversy 


and the magazine articles you get into the rub here; people are gonna want to call you or question you in this vein. Maybe even doubt you.

A: I'm not talking about steroids when I mean SYNTHETIC HORMONES. It's synthetic when you put it in your own mouth and it isn't produced by your own body. 

This is referred to as 'synthetic' in its purest sense of the term and this should be made clear (it is manufactured OUTSIDE of the body, by a lab, yet can be synthesized from natural elements). Natural if the key word here. 

Q: You mention ADRENAL STRESS and its bearing on the athlete. The adrenals govern and react on so many parts of the body. This kind of stress can impede progress, but tis still not fully understood. Care to elaborate? 

A: Well . . . EVERYTHING starts going wrong with you. Everything starts falling apart in rapid succession. Other glands stop functioning properly; a lack of energy to operate that gland which is the adrenal system.

Q: You feel that certain organic glandular compounds you use in special bases RECHARGE the glands so they can do their thing? 

A: COMPATIBLE. Compatible formulations. Which I'm not going to give away except in my courses 


and to my students. It wouldn't be fair. Especially when they are paying for it. A lot of work and research has gone into these things, but readers will get the main idea.

Even vitamins have to be compatible or they won't work. Or . . . they have to be used in a manner that MAKES them compatible. This is where the research, testing and experimenting with students comes in. Hell, half these nutritional writers just read a few books and write reports from secondhand material.

One nutrient helps the other. C helps E and so forth. You tell me the element, etc. and I'll tell you what it is or how it interacts in the body. It's changing one thing into something else and making it 10 times stronger. Like dehydrating fruit. You make something much more potent out of it.

Some questions remain simply because nobody's done anything about it. No extensive research . . . some things I have to get to the bottom of by working up reasonable theories and just trying them out. The techniques I have come to trust and teach HAVE been validated by Dr. Ameduri and various universities, but there are still frontiers I'm exploring.

Interesting related stuff in Chapter 38 and elsewhere.
I'm finding the whole book good to have around. 

Taking two things (outside the body) can combine WITHIN the body to make something much more potent than the originals. 

Transmutation of the DNA is a little-known process. There's the secret! Only when this occurs can you get the proper balance and compatibility. The formulas I use take advantage of this phenomenon and are put together for me just for these purposes. No others are like it . . . you'd have to hunt and peck to get the same results and then, again, some products simply CANNOT fulfill these functions. 

A little more on glandulars in this article, and you can find even more in Vince's books and manuals:

Vince's maintenance diet and supplements: 

Some of the formulations I have made for me are unavailable to the layperson. If readers are not getting the desired results from my nutritional techniques, they may not be getting the desired formulations, only similar ones to the kind I use. They'll have to contact in that respect. 

You can only get them if you are a doctor, healer, chiropractor or osteopath. These are professional products available only from professionals. But I have access to them due to the extensive work I've done with the labs and researchers.

Q: Transmutations of minerals has been a titillating study for me this last year, but transmutation of the DNA is really heavy stuff. You're getting down to the nitty-gritty of intercellular interactions that cause changes in the body. Readers should connect with you on this because those areas are ripe for many articles themselves. 

A: I wouldn't get the results I seek (with my students) if I didn't use BALANCED products that are put together . . . because of the fact they produce a third and different substance. 

This substance is much more potent than the two original. Sure you're going to potentiate strength and growth! You're gonna mix something like pituitary and orchic . . . pituitary produces growth and orchic produces the hormone (testosterone). One is the sparkplug for the other. 



You've got to get the body more efficient first! Before you take the first glandular. I have a product called "Nutritional Foundation" that has 52 ingredients in it. That coupled with the right diet sets the stage for improved body efficiency. That alone creates change and better results from your training. Then the glandulars and other products can be introduced to further improvement.

Vitamins, minerals,  enzymes, holistic stuff . . . all in the Nutritional Foundation. Doesn't it stand to reason to you that you have to have balanced nutrition before anything works? Let nature work. This is the "balancer." Then take these other things when you're ready.

Ask yourself, why do some things work on some people and not others? They don't have a nutritional foundation to build on!

Q: Then do you feel many athletes and runners are craving these drugs we see in sport because they are out of balance? And are these ergogenic aids further throwing them OUT of balance? 

A: Sure! There's no argument that I can't produce a champion without steroids. I've done it! I'm doing it every day! Others need to ____ ______ in their ear to get new brains! Don't talk to me about runners!!

Runners are all going to run into the arms of their psychiatrists and suck each other to death! Recent studies have shown how close they are to anorexics for God's sake! PRINT THAT!! Check it out if you don't believe me. 

Some of these people that are taking the isolated glandulars don't even know when to take them. You're supposed to take them with meals. Who told them how many to take? If more was better Makkaway wouldn't be there. And he's winning everything in sight! He may even win the Mr. Olympia this year.

You've got to take them (glandulars) one hour before your workout and after the workout to get the maximum "push." This is all from scientific evidence. I even researched this on myself THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO TAKE THIS STUFF! The more the better, eh? BULLSHIT! 

If they get any lift out of doing this at all it is haphazard and eventually exhausts the adrenal system. This is why I wouldn't talk about glandulars for years, because I figured that I didn't know enough about it. There wasn't enough research done as far as I'm concerned. 

If the glandular system isn't functioning properly . . . normal growth is inhibited. Balance the system with SPECIFIC multi-glandulars. And use a baseline product. Do you know how many glandulars I'm talkin' about when I say, "multi"? TEN OR FIFTEEN!!! Like one of the Natural Source products. Remember the early glandular protein powders? They were a step in the right direction for those needs.   

Q: How important do you think RNA is? Particularly as a "base" for some of these products?

A: It ought to be a base in every product you put in your mouth. With my products it's already up there. Up front.

Q: How about using the Niacin product you use and its importance in flushing and getting the glandulars right in there where they belong? 

A: Oh, for sure. Of course, with a good product, that's always included, too. I use certain products for balancing, some for growth. Go ahead and list them for me from the sheets I give my students (see links above). 

Vince uses a variety of specialized products to improve muscle growth. The specific ones and dosages vary according to the individual's needs and the course of action Vince has in mind for a student. 




  
Enjoy Your Lifting! 




   


 














































No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive