Saturday, September 12, 2026

Why? - Dim Witt (2026)

 

Close to six decades of lifting now and 
this still perplexes me no end . . .

Once we're past the intro year or so, why do otherwise "intelligent" people believe that what works for them will work for everyone else?

How little have they learned of the individuality of each living thing, even if it's only applied to humans and lifting? 

You find some real diehard types who can be amusing with this. 

Go figure and feel free to comment down below. I'm just curious is all, as always. Don't really know shite but I sure am curious about this . . . 


Enjoy YOUR Lifting! 



















21 comments:

  1. MY way is the BEST way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MY way is the best way!

      Delete
    2. MY way is the best way!

      Delete
    3. Discount Protein Inc.September 12, 2026 at 6:16 PM

      MY whey is the best whey!

      Delete
  2. Try listening to Thunderstruck at a real low volume when you lift.
    It's fuckin' crazy strange stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy listening to standard soapy-pop romantic ballads at very high volume when I lift.
      Or singing children's nursery rhymes very loudly.
      It's all about the psyching up.

      Delete
    2. One must knife the neighbor's dog and smear its entrails on one's self before lifting.
      And get used to moving from rental to rental as well it seems.

      Delete
    3. YOU PUT YOUR LEFT FOOT IN
      YOU PUT YOUR LEFT FOOT OUT!!!

      That's what it's all about.

      Delete
    4. So, no dog entrails?

      Delete
    5. MARY HAD A LITTLE LIFT
      IT'S GRIND WAS WHITE-LIGHT SLOW
      AND EVERYWHERE THAT MARY WENT
      HIS LIFTS WERE SURE TO GROW.

      Hey, wait a gender-second here!

      Delete
    6. The endless argument over the best training approach continues.
      Although hilarity did not, no, did not ensue,
      a good time was had by an important few.

      Delete
    7. There would appear to be some among us who feel that this is but a joke
      But you and I . . . we've been been through that and
      THIS
      is not a fate.
      So let us stop talking falsely now . . .
      THE HOURS GETTIN' LATE!!!

      oh-oh

      Delete
  3. On a side note, if there were no consequences whatsoever how many people would you have killed by now?
    Second side-note question:
    what's your favorite brand of chewing gum?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A couple dozen or so, Juicy Fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One must remove the tongues of your oppressors from the rear entry and gnaw them like chewing gum.
    Granted, shitty tasting chewing gum, but really . . . Juicy Fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I like listening to rock music during lifting I find myself listening frequently to Basil Poledouris' magnificent score to Conan The Barbarian. It's my preferred method for squatting. I'm also a huge Godzilla fan and think that Akira Ifukube is one of the finest film composers to have ever lived. I have a whole cd on his many Godzilla themes spanning 40 years which I prefer to listen to while doing partial deadlifts with extremely heavy weights. I sure do feel like Godzilla when I'm locking out 800 lbs.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, basically you're saying 5 sets of 5?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No sets of 5, just singles for pretty much everything. I warm up with 3 progressively heavier singles and then do several singles with my working weight. I do 2 sets of 5 on things like dumbbell rows and on full range good mornings. For all my partial lifts I just stick with singles. Also, one set of 5 on behind the neck press as a light warmup for my shoulders before I do my squats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never ceases to amaze me . . . the difference between doing singles and doing fives.
      Whole other animals, pretty close to not being the same lift in my head.
      Hard to explain with something as crude as these words of mine.

      This also holds for the different animals known as "full range" and "partial" movements.
      Good god, the amount of variation in this game is amazing!

      Delete
    2. FULL RANGE IS THE ONLY RANGE, SIR!
      Not counting the non-lethal fisting of labcoats with their own research papers balled into the shape of

      something or other,
      phallic possibly but
      not necessarily, okay.

      Delete
    3. Before I purchase Inner Circle Membership . . . is that included?
      A.G.I. keeps bullying my A.I. and now I'm gonna have to create A.S.I.
      Let's roll.

      Delete